Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quite a Musical Wednesday

Tonight at church was awesome!

First, I got to lead praise band rehearsal. We learned 3 new songs! Everyone did great and I just had so much fun.
Then, I lead children's choir. We're singing in church Sunday. It's the first time the kids are doing something in worship service since I took the job. So I am excited and a little nervous. But I know they'll do great. We're doing a song titled "Child of the Universe." I found it in one of the old file folders. The kids really like it, and I totally dig the imagery - sun, stars, grains of sand. I hope the congregation receives it well.

Finally, we had adult choir rehearsal. Tonight was different because this Sunday is UMW (United Methodist Women) Sunday, so the entire service is being done by women. We had a great turnout for the all-women choir. I think worship this Sunday will be fabulous.
Visitors welcome! Memorial United Methodist of Clinton TN. Worship is 10-11 Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment