Sunday, October 24, 2010

Olive Garden with my toddler... and a happy ending!

Every Thursday night Isaac and I have dinner with my husband's grandmother (Grammy), his aunt Melissa (Aunt Zissa), and a few of their girlfriends. Since Isaac has become mobile it's gotten more difficult to go out to eat, especially to "sit-down" restaurants. Many nights Grammy cooks at her house, which is wonderful! She's a fabulous cook and her house is definitely toddler friendly. She adores Isaac and has lots of toys there for him to play with. 

Well this week they asked us to come to Olive Garden. I've turned them down probably the last 3 or 4 times they've invited us to go out on a Thursday, because I wasn't up for the experience of chasing an energetic toddler around a nice restaurant while my food gets cold and I get increasingly embarrassed and frustrated. 

Well they are so sweet and promised to help with Isaac that I thought, let's try it. I was so surprised! I was so PROUD of my son. He was a little angel! He sat in the highchair the entire meal. He never got loud or fussy. He colored with the crayons until the food came and then ate with us. It was amazing! Aunt Zissa did take him to go outside after we were all done eating and the rest of us stayed to get our checks and to-go boxes. But I was just so proud and pleased. Perhaps we've turned a corner? Perhaps I got lucky? I definitely think it helps to have my 19 month old planked on either side by family members who absolutely adore him and haven't been with him all day. But regardless, it was a wonderful experience. 

Isaac playing in the rocks outside Olive Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment