Monday, November 1, 2010

Romantic Get-Away

Nathan and I officially started dating October 25, 2003. Which means that we just celebrated our 7th anniversary of being together. Nathan does a fantastic job of remembering our wedding anniversary, March 11, 2006. Usually I'm the one who plans something small, like a dinner out, to celebrate our dating anniversary or our engagement anniversary, September 9, 2005. So when he planned a 2-night romantic getaway last week, I was swept off my feet.

Nathan and I both love surprises - both to give and receive them. So, with Isaac at my mother-in-law's for his first overnight without mommy or daddy, (but in the most capable and loving hands), Nathan and I set out. I had no idea where we were headed. We got in I-75 and headed north. The drive was absolutely beautiful, with the vibrant autumn leaves surrounding us. We exited at LaFollette and drove through Campbell County, traveling further north on Highway 25. We turned off the highway and drove up, and up. And up. And up! I kept thinking, how much higher can we go?!


There is magical place just outside LaFollette, TN called McCloud Mountain. It is 2700 feet above sea level and you can see for miles and miles. A restaurant and lodge was just recently built and opened. Nathan told me we were eating lunch there. It was so beautiful, and our meal was delicious. After eating we headed over to check out the lodge. He didn't tell me we were staying there, but surprised me by simply using a key to open a door to the Acorn Suite.

 to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment