Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Knitted Book Cover

Wow I am so behind on posting! We've been to Florida, celebrated Thanksgiving, and many other things since I last posted. 

Well, for now I want to share my latest knitting project. It only took a couple nights to make, and I really like it! It's my first time doing a book cover pattern, but it was easy and I definitely plan to do it again!

Basically, you cast on enough to make the length of the book from top to bottom, then make a long rectangle that is long enough to wrap around the book (from inside front cover to inside back cover), bind off, and sew the flaps. There are 3 rows of rib stitching at the beginning and end, garter stitch for the spine, and stockinette stitch for the rest. The kind of yarn and needle size is flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment