Monday, November 1, 2010

Healthy Veggie Recipes My Toddler Loves (& we do too!)

Gotta give credit to my husband for this first one. He created it as far as I know. Super easy and incredibly yummy!

Roasted Broccoli
Preheat oven to 450
Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, lightly spray with cooking spray
Chop a head of broccoli into flowerettes, place on cookie sheet in a single layer
Either spray broccoli with cooking spray or drizzle with oil
Sprinkle broccoli with seasoning salt
Roast approximately 10 minutes

Credit goes to my mother-in-law for this next one. I don't have the recipe in front of me with exact measurements, but this is the general idea. You really can't mess it up too much.

Cauliflower Soup
Chop an onion, saute in 2 Tbsp olive oil
Chop a head of cauliflower into flowerettes, add to onion, saute 5 minutes
Add 1 1/2 c chicken broth and 1/2 c skim milk to cauliflower
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes
Put mixture in a blender until desired consistency
Whisk in 4 oz shredded cheddar and fresh dill

These are both favorite recipes of mine, healthy and delicious, and my son loves them! Hope you and yours do too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment