Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

Thanks to my dear friend Melissa Leedy, I have a new favorite recipe. AND it's a crockpot recipe - yahoo! My husband has always held the opinion that chicken in the crockpot turns out dry, even the old chicken-and-bbq-sauce recipe. (Throw some chicken and bbq sauce in a crockpot, cook on low all day, voilĂ , dinner!) But he had to admit this chicken was moist, and delicious!


Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
(you can totally fudge on amounts, I'm just putting some measurements in for initial guidance)
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (tenderloins or breasts)
1 can cream soup (original recipe called for mushroom, I used chicken, you could probably use any)
1/2 c sour cream
small can of pineapple tidbits
large red bell pepper
small onion (any kind ok, I used sweet yellow)
salt and pepper


Throw the chicken in the crockpot. Stir soup and sour cream together and add to chicken (OK, I admit it, I just put them both on the chicken separately and then stirred to avoid dirtying another dish). Drain pineapple (save the juice - yum!) and add to crockpot. Cut up the red bell pepper and onion and add this as well. Low 7-8 hours. Salt and pepper to taste.


To make this recipe a little more healthy, I used 98% fat free and sodium free soup, lite sour cream, and pineapple in 100% juice.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment